The minute is approaching. Only T-1 day until the streets are alive with the sound of spending. It may not be New York over here, but it’s still sure to be a helluva party. Fashion’s Night Out touches down tomorrow here in San Francisco at roughly 6 pm and the sheer number of options that shoppers have is truly astounding. I have created a guide (or cheat sheet) to help ease the pain of having to figure out where exactly it is you should be at a given time. Below is a list of the events, where exactly they are, and what deals are going on.
1. Head to Neiman Marcus whose events are ongoing throughout the night starting at 6pm and ending at 9pm. This is where I’ll spend a good chunk of time taking pictures of the happs for FashionSchoolDaily. Check it out for the guaranteed photo op and these events:
– See work by Academy of Art design students (storewide)
– Meet jewelry designer Mimi So (precious jewels salon, 1st floor)
– Check out models showcasing fall trends (designer jewelry, 1st floor)
-Make-overs and “paparazzi” (cosmetics, 1st floor)
Free booze, Free food
2. Cruise for celebrities at Macy’s but NOT WITHOUT A PRICE!
– Meet Carlos Santana from 6pm to 7pm but only if you buy shoes or a handbag from his line, still it might be worth it… (shoes, 2nd floor)
– Meet Countess LuAnn de Lesseps at 7:30, personally I have no idea who she is but they (the fashion authorities) say that she’s from a show called The Real Housewives of New York City. Hmmm, still don’t care (bridge, 1st floor)
– See a show from 6pm to 9pm! A fashion show of course, or more of a challenge I suppose, called Flutter, A September Night’s Dream put on by my main man, Owen Buenaventura (he hooked it up with press passes to the SFFAMA Awards). Designers include Jill Giordano & Brian Scheyer, Daniel & David Concepcion, Phuong My, Danielle Pettee and Mike San Gaspar. (Impulse, 3rd floor)
3. Sak’s seems’s like they hardly give a shit, I wish they’d elaborate on what exactly they’re doing cause it sounds pretty decent.
– DJ’s and trivia, models and make-overs (they didn’t say much more)
– Something about Chloe artists sketching attendees?
4. Bloomingdales has also been pretty vague about their happenings. Here’s what I dug up (it’s not much):
– “Informal modeling” (???)
– GIFT BAG
Free booze, Free food
5. Nordstrom’s is one of my favorite department stores partially because of their exchange policy and partially because of their inventory and friendly employees. Either way, show them love tomorrow, you’ll be happy to hear that they (unlike some other dept. stores) don’t suck at providing useful information to the public.
– Get dolled up at the Chanel cosmetics booth from 6pm to 9pm at the “Girls Getting Gorgeous” event
– Shop exclusive collections from Toms, William Rast, and more
-This is the only place to buy FNO merch like those tees and bags that are everywhere. I want one.
Free booze, Free food
6. Loehmann’s, the department store I always associate with that show, The Nanny (adoringly so) is also in on it.
– The debut their new arrivals to their back room
– Hopefully there’s booze, but that’s just wishful thinking…
7. The Westfield Center is chock full of stores you will want to go to. The deals are overwhelming so I have compressed them into shorted blurbs.
Under the Dome VIP Event – $10 gets you wine and appetizers and other stuff you probably want (5pm to 6:30pm)
Bare Escentuals – Make-overs and free samples
Hugo Boss – Free booze, Free food
Brighton Collectibles – Designer story boards Free booze, Free food
Charles Chocolates – “Guided tasting” which translates to Free food
Edition by Banana Republic – Free booze, Free food
Herve Leger by Max Azria – Perfume with the purchase of a dress Free booze, Free food
Kenneth Cole – Free tote with purchase
LarkCreekSteak – Free desert with mean, so that’s kind of sort of like Free Food
Max & Co. – Free gift with purchase of $500 or more Free booze, Free food
Max Studio – 25% off Gift Certificate, shopping spree raffle
Melvita – Some skin care promo and Free food (actually it’s a honey tasting, but it’s close enough)
Michael Kors – Handbag raffle, DJ, Free booze, Free food
Torneau – Raffle, trunk show, Free booze, Free food
Tous – Goodie bag with catalog, perfume sample, and promo item Free booze, Free food
True Religion Brand Jeans – Free gift with purchase of $150 or more
Vera Bradley – Raffle, discounted purse with other purchase
White House Black Market – Free gift with purchase of $300 or more Free booze, Free food
Shaping up pretty nicely, eh? But the most shocking part is that I’m not even done yet. The FNO website has a few more participating San Francisco retailers that I’ll also mention.
8. The Betsey Johnson store at 160 Geary is participating by offering a free gift with any purchase and of course, Free booze, Free food
9. Jimmy Choo unveils the collaboration with Ugg Australia. Love it or hate it, you’ll probably want to see it.
I know it’s last minute to call for comments but if ou knw of any other participating retailers in the San Francisco area, let me know via the comment box or tweet me (I gave in to it) @laureilly1990 and I’ll add it to the list.
Farewell, and happy shopping.
edit: Shotwell Boutique on Grant St. will be participating with a ‘play dress up and photoshoot’ thing.